Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 2 Day 2

All my Ammonia and Nitrites have fallen to 0, hurray, although oddly my nitrites have been at 0 for the last couple of days whilst my ammonia was 0.5 to 0.25 mg/L for the last 4 days. Clearly the Live Rock and Sand did it's job in reducing cycling time.

How ever my Nitrates have been fluctuating all over the place, between 10 to 20 mg/L up and down, I guess this might have something to do with the alge growth etc.

So with this news I have decided that ill be adding my first lot of fishes tomorrow, we'll see what the fish shop says first but I'm thinking either:

2x clown fish
OR
1x banggai cardinal
OR
1x pajama cardinal
OR
1x royal gramma

Hard to decide, I'm thinking the Clown Fish might be my best bet, but I dont want to over stock my tank to quickly, looking over the forums at Nano Reef, I think I might hold off on the cardinals until after my first set of fish have settled in... but in the end i would like to have all these fish... I would also LOVE to have a firefish, but they are jumpers and my tank set up will probably end up being open top once my new lighting arrives so I think i will avoid!

The other thing that I have to look into is getting some more circulation into the tank, it seems that the water might not have enough circulation... and based on all the reading i have been doing circulation is the key to a happy and healthy tank (esp. when introducing corals)...

No comments:

Post a Comment